Wednesday, March 01, 2006

What?! No Pamphlets?

I took a day off from work to visit my doctors, which is a bad way to start the week and I should have known better but I’m me.

Anyway, I got my surprise tetanus shot and some unwanted advice from a certain professional who seems to think being single is plain wrong. He didn’t say it outright but it was the general idea. I would have lied about it if I knew he was headed in that direction. When a person asks you how your love life is going, say it’s good. And leave it at that. Unfortunately, Mondays have a habit of… being Mondays.

The last thing my gyno told me before he left the room was to find a “good man”.

I hate him.

Well, not hate but he’s on the hit list. Just because he’s involved with someone…

What makes a “good man” anyway? Dammit, is there some pamphlet he can give me, much like the ones about breast cancer and STDs? Hmm? I didn’t think so. Might as well not have said anything. Yeah yeah, he cares and thinks I can benefit from his opinion. He’s sharing the joy, la di da. Whatever.  

4 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

That's just gross for a male gyno to even say something like that.

Ewwww.

What if you prefer chicks? Or consider yourself asexual?

I'd find myself another doctor. A female doctor.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Well, I have to give the man credit because he did mention girlfriends or boyfriends when he asked about my love life.

As for being asexual, he never considered that. What a bastard. I think I will switch doctors now, but since I don't have to see him for a while I'm going to do what I usually do and put it off.

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Iron Maiden said...

I thought the same thing, LOL, I mean how could he assume that you liked men! What an ass! And if you find one of those pamphlets could you please send one my way?? LOL

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Iron Maiden said...

I thought about the same thing, what if you liked women?? LOL Glad you cleared it up that he was only half-assed and not a whole one, Connie. LOL Still, it was soooo inappropriate of him anyway to suggest that.Oh, and if you find those pamphlets, please send one my way. I need all the help I can get. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home