Thursday, February 23, 2006

Spillage

I spilled soy sauce all over the left side of my pants and the bottom part of my dress shirt at work today. I logged off the computer and was getting ready to toss the packet of soy sauce and empty plate away after enjoying a delicious but overpriced meal from Ozumo. I was being careless but that happens occasionally. Gawd, I forgot how good sushi can be. Even the sashimi was good, and I almost never go for that. If I ever feel like splurging, I’d go there to eat again but since lunch was on the company (or perhaps only on Steve), I didn’t mind taking a short break to go pick up the food with Keith.

We got to talking about how lazy everyone at work was since my boss suggested we take the cab. It wasn’t that far of a walk though, I should explore more of that part of the city. It was nice to just get out of the building and feel the sun on my skin for a bit. Today was a perfect day to be a tourist, it was that good. One good thing to come out of today besides the free food is hearing that I’m too intelligent to only be filing. I was flattered to hear that, especially since I respect K. Reassurances were good to hear as well, so now I know that eventually they’ll give me more to do as time goes by. I wonder when that’ll be.

I plodded on towards class with a smile on my face until it was time to look at a prospective room to rent afterwards. Why are people such slobs? It was gross. Actually it could have been worse, but it could have been better. A studio is looking really good right now; too bad they’re so expensive.

I got some emails from folk I haven’t heard in a while and I love them for it. Today was a strange combination of good and bad, but I’m willing to get some pain to experience the good. Too bad it can’t be like this every day. I’ll settle with the consolation that there are more days like this to come.

In the mean time, Team USA must get at least one medal for women’s ice skating. That’s a shoe in actually, never mind. Gold, please.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home