Monday, January 30, 2006

Desperate times call for...

Desperate women.

I can’t believe I watched the Bachelor with my roommate today, but then again I’ve been watching some stuff I never thought I’d watch since the second half of last year and this year as well. I guess it makes for good conversation aka “something to talk about” since we have something in common (fake reality shows, especially the ones where love, ahem, is involved). I think it’s kind of sad to show how desperate these women are but they asked for it and so did I when I watched it. Bleh, would it sound weird to say that I’d rather watch a PBS special on Egyptian civilization? It probably does. Meh, like I care anymore.

Anyway, while this girly bonding is going along - spurting little narratives of what we think about the girls or the guy, it’s also something to pass the time. Once school starts tomorrow, it’ll be cut short. If only it weren’t for all the homework and reading, it wouldn’t be so bad. I rolled my eyes so many times during the show they should have fallen out by now. But why do I do this? For the sake of sisterhood. Snort. Or because I’m trying to squeeze out as much lazy couch potato time as I can before the deluge. Wish me luck.

And work is the same. I haven’t been kicked to the curb yet so that means I might get somewhere in life. Possibly. For tomorrow, it’ll be breakfast at the café and then a hop on the train to school to experience infinite levels of stress. Having the life sucked out of me and leaving the dry shell of who I was has always been a dream of mine. I do have the greatest goals set, and I reach them too. How many people can say that?  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home