Saturday, October 22, 2005

Bad grammar

I just went over my sad little post from Wednesday and I realized that the reason I had such bad grammar and couldn’t articulate was because I was never any good at English. I blame my teachers and people in my major can’t write anyway. I got my little film review back from my Roman Civilization class back, and I got marked off for grammar. I mixed my present tense with my past tense, etc. Since the original teacher was more laid back, she told us to write a simple little review – nothing formal or anything like that. In the end, she had to leave so she was replaced by another prof. that turns out to be much harder. We’ve had twice as much reading assigned and this one cares about writing properly.

Uh, no. I did not sign up for this. Too late.

Did I tell you that in my weekend photography class, my professor (from my university) is in it as well? So I’m taking class with my prof. and I don’t know what to call her. Professor? Doctor? Her name? It was definitely awkward from the beginning but now that I’ve seen her again it’s not so bad. Still, it’s strange. I’ll be taking her next semester too.

My pics didn’t turn out to be so bad once I developed and had them enlarged for the printing process. Still, I’m not Ansel Adams or anything like that. Yet. Hah! Look at me, with an inflated ego already. My cousin was here so I was glad I had class for most of her visit therefore missing out on obnoxiousness. She’s getting married… who knew with her controlling mother (tossing her suitors to the curb), that she’d get one that would stick for so long? Anyway, I’m getting ready for father to start comparing her to me and point out my downfalls. I think I’m going to leave town for a bit then, to let him blow steam off at my sister or some other sucker.

So Olive moved out of her place, I’m glad for her. She’s paying over $1290 a month for her place, which I think is still overpriced since it’s Sunnyv@le and all. I finally got to see her yesterday, and I splurged and bought this cup with dots all over it. I got a matching journal with it as well, it’s cool.

Other than that, nothing new ever goes on. I don’t have a strange cable stalker man like Serendipity or (ever will be going) on a trip like Dorothy. Or have such a busy life like Belle. Utterly mundane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home