Saturday, October 29, 2005

Hair and speculations

The problem with me is that I try to keep myself busy and when I finally manage to achieve that, I regret it. This morning when I woke up, I wanted to sleep in instead of going to class. But I knew it was too late to drop and that if I ever really wake up, usually an hour into class, I’d enjoy it. Now that I’m home, I have a pile of things I need to do but can’t seem to get into the mood to do it.

I have a little lunch date tomorrow with a ‘friend’. That being said, we work for the same company but have never seen each other yet. We just email each other because it’s boring at our respective offices. Somehow it started off with me writing that I couldn’t find a customer file at my office. Anyway, this is what happens when they block blogs and free email accounts. It seems that I’m the only single person within a 50 mile radius. Well, that settles that.

Speaking of relationships - Carl, the other intern, and I have been speculating about our manager. We don’t know if he’s gay or not. Yeah, I don’t have gaydar. Didn’t you know? Anyway, our manager mentioned his partner on several occasions… but it could be that he doesn’t believe in marriage. Or he could actually be gay. It doesn’t really matter but I’m afraid of making a mistake and putting my foot in my mouth if I assume something wrong. Carl actually thinks he is gay, what with having pictures of his coworkers at his desk. I don’t know. Time will tell.

Another thing on my mind is that I really should do something with my hair. I’m not shallow at all! Fortunately (or not?) there’s a salon near work so maybe I should go there. I don’t know. My hair is really difficult to handle. I gave up a long time ago; I’d just like to have it tamed. If that’s possible. And my paycheck didn’t come yesterday. What is with that? I need to pay the rent and eat, and maybe even to pay for my hair makeover.

This strange pattern of behavior must be affected by the weather. One day it’s sunny and warm and the next it’s cold, rainy, and foggy. I don’t know what to wear to school anymore. Sometimes I’m overdressed and other times it’s the opposite. Never listen to the weather people here; it’s too temperamental to know what it’s going to be like more than half a day ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home