Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Rommate Blues

When I was a kid, my relatives used to come over to stay at my parents’ house for a few months because they had moved over to the States. I did not enjoy that at all, what with my sister being a newborn and having people crammed into every room and no respect for ones own property and privacy… I hated sharing a place with these people. Now I just hate them.

Currently it’s not as bad with my roommate, except when you bring your boyfriend over and seclude yourself from the rest of us. It’s definitely awkward. For one thing, it’s your life. I can’t say anything about it nor do I want to. When I’m not here, do whatever, just respect my stuff and don’t hog all the damn closet space. Somehow, my room is not my room anymore… I can’t stay in it without feeling a little awkward about having my roommate stay there too. I feel as if I’m taking away her privacy and being a nuisance. I was locked out of my room when I came back yesterday, but roomie and boyfriend let me in after a few minutes and I quickly unpacked and left shortly thereafter.

There are some people that just make you uncomfortable; it’s too bad that I happen to share a room with one. Am I being a prude? Is it wrong to think that you have to consider the other people living with you as well? Or maybe they should just get an apartment together. If my old roommate wasn’t in such a hurry to leave, we could have taken more time out to see other girls who would be a better fit for us. For all we know, the English girl could have been better. That and the fact that my finances were never that great to begin with is making me think of possibly moving back home and commuting to school, as long as I have a place to park.

What am I supposed to do vs. what do I want to do (given my financial limits) is driving me crazy. For once in my life, can’t it be the same?

Well, at least I’m supposed to visit Nancy at the mall so she can convince me to buy makeup I don’t know how to use. I think she gets commission so I’ll be helping someone out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home