Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Lopsided earrings

Being the loser that I am, I have decided to get my ears pierced again since I let them close up after being a total idiot and not wearing earrings for months at a time. And to make things more comical, I have (had actually) two piercings on each ear and let one close up on each, none of them corresponding to the other on the opposite side. The whole point is if you look at my ears closely, you will see that my earrings aren’t aligned with each other. One side is higher than the other… so I’m getting that fixed. This shall be my fourth time doing this, and it better be my last! I’m thinking maybe I should just forget about it but I have all these earrings at home and it’s such a waste to not have the holes to wear them with… and dammit, my earrings shall look normal and not lopsided. Wish me luck since I might get an infection and have my ears fall off and then I’ll be crying to myself and mad at the fact that I couldn’t be happy with lopsided ear piercings in the first place.

I almost laughed out loud when I read the comment from NY Belle, you actually have flute music? That’s so funny, I was thinking of buying something like that at one of the touristy places up here; the performers were all dressed up in their native clothing… Peruvian flute players are the best. But I haven’t gotten around to Gregorian chant either although I have looked at one store so far. I should just download it if I can find it online. And I should get an ipod as well, getting mighty tired of carrying my cd’s and player around. Did you hear about the new Nano? Next thing you know, it’ll be smaller than your finger nail. Try getting it to play songs then!

There’s a new girl coming to look at the room tomorrow though I’m not sure when she’s going to show up. Bah, I really wish I were rich. I spent a lot of time on front of the tv yesterday and watching, of all things, MTV and this show called Laguna Beach. Oh. My. Gawd. Like, ew! This is probably what people think when the word California comes up in a conversation. If only I were as spoiled, skinny, and airheaded as these folk. Life would be stressing about your boyfriend, your ex-friend stealing for boyfriend/ex-boyfriend, your ruined trip to Cabo, etc. It was so sick, I wanted to throw up yet I was glued to it for some odd reason. You get to see what other peoples’ lives are like, a helluva lot more luxurious and careless than mine. The only drama I have are my ears… and my “friend” that wrote online who qualifies as her friend and who isn’t, etc.

She emailed me today, asking me how things have been going and even asked to get coffee with me when we are both free. Deep down I know she’s a good person and all, but I have to say, I really wish she would grow up and maintain relationships without so much drama. I should write her back - don’t know what to say exactly.

Needless to say… I don’t wanna. Again.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 PM, Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

I am wearing the same pair of sterling silver hoop hearings that I put in, um, it will be seven years ago this Christmas, that I bought outside of a little monastery in Russia. They are small, with some filligree work. Nothing fancy, nothing special. I never take them out. Never change them. I used to have a lot of earrings, but I got tired of losing only one of a pair. They'd get tangled in my hair and fall to the ground, and I woudn't notice until I got somewhere and looked in a mirror.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Iron Maiden said...

Yup, I sure do have it, it's called, "Pan Flute Dreams, Vol.2" by Mallky. I saw him playing in one of the train stations as I was going on one of (it seems like a million) my interviews and I bought the CD on my way back for $10.It's very nice and soothing, especially for my neverending subway ride to work. As far as earrings, same here D.R., except mine are a pair of small gold hoops. I've been putting something a little fancy on over the weekends like some big filigree sterling silver hoops but thats about it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home