Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Missing jury duty

Being me, I screwed up again when it came to jury duty.

I was actually supposed to call in one day but never noticed the writing on the bottom of the page that said I had to call in. They told us to go check online to see if we were to report any day that week, and my group number was picked. Apparently, I had to report Wednesday but I never did. I freaked out when I checked it again on Friday and finally noticed the note with the phone number on the webpage. I was at work at that time, so I was scared that I'd get in trouble with my boss as well and the court. I called the number 3 times and got different answers and had to fax in another request for postponement. I pictured some police dropping by at the office and dragging me out to put me in jail. I was so paranoid. I think that if I mess up again, I'll be fired in addition to having serve time in jail. Ugh, they won't let me off the hook at all, those bastards. Anyway, here's to serving jury duty in December.

My roommates and I went out to eat yesterday to celebrate Nancy's birthday. This will be one of the only times I will spend with all of them because Liza is moving out. Another girl came on Monday to look at the place and she's coming again in the evening today to look at it with her mom. I really wish we didn't have to go through with all this, but if my old roommate wants to leave, I can't say anything about it. Oh well, I won't be here for that much longer since graduation is less than a year away. Thank goodness for that.

And no one noticed that I pierced my ears. That and playing phone tag with Liv is getting old. Gah, my weekends must be on the same level as members of the clergy. They probably have more exciting times than I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home