Monday, September 19, 2005

Jury Duty

Over the summer, I had a pleasant surprise come in the mail. It was my jury summons telling me I had to do jury duty sometime in July. I should have just waited it out, even with summer classes. Instead, I sent in a request for postponement and it’s time to check if I need to show up this week. I had requested far in advance a week that I was free but since nothing ever works out the way I want it to, I have to go this week - smack dab in the middle of school. I know it’s my duty as a citizen to do this and that the judicial system wouldn’t work without it, blah blah etc. I checked yesterday evening and it told me to call or look online at 11. So I checked online and it’s telling me to check again after 5pm.

Needless to say… I don’t wanna. Whine whine whine

1 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

I am probably fixin' to jinx myself with this, but I have never been called for jury duty. I'd totally do it, just to have the experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home