Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I Ain't Happy with Pappy... and Others

This has got to be the worst month ever for me. I told Mrs. B that I would be moving out (on the 15th) at the end of the month and gave her a little more than 2 weeks notice about it. I had assumed that I would move my belongings out near the end of the month, as I had told her. Instead, two days later she tells me to move my stuff out as soon as possible. Even though I had paid for the whole month, she’s kicking me out a week and a half early. Apparently, she said she can’t show other renters the room if I still have my stuff in the room. That’s ridiculous. When I am gone, people can look about the room. I have no problems with that. Why the hell should I leave when I paid for the whole damn month? So I tried to tell her that I was under the assumption about the moving date but she used the excuse that I had never rented a room out of a private household before and that it was the rule to move out two weeks before. Nothing would work for her, so I moved out. There was a lot of fuss and raised voices over it, but I left. My dad came to help me with moving my crap out and he tried to talk to her but it didn’t work either. He wasn’t much help in that area. In fact, he made the day worse.

Later on, we set out to look for some furniture for my new place. I had told the salesman that we were just looking and wanted to know the price of a futon. After hearing the price of the model I wanted, I told him I’d think about it and then he proceeded to ask me how much I had in mind. I told him, and he nearly blew the roof. What is it with Russians? I can not deal with them today, my fuse is already short. Two in a day… did I really have to go through all that? Anyway, I got a long ass lecture from pappy about how I handled things today. Basically he told me what he thought and to him, I’m a failure. Quite refreshing to hear really, puts my relationship with him in perspective. He said something about trying to change me, but he can’t punish me or worse. Um… yikes? People say the stupidest things when they’re mad. Don’t worry paps, if things get worse, you won’t see me hanging around. Mom, of course, said nothing. I think she agrees with him as well. One thing to keep in mind, never get into a lecture or argument with paps. ‘Tis a baaad idea. So there you go.

The need to get out and do stuff on my own has never been as crucial to me as today. I can only hope to get a job and move far far away. It’s getting to the point where I think I should move out of the country or at least to the other side. And yesterday, I found out that I need a root canal and have 4 little cavities. I have a “weak tooth structure” so that means brushing right after I eat anything with sugar in it. Sigh, I’m not a dirty person, just prone to cavities. Really, I love candy so that’s why. Anyway, I look forward to the pain. What will the following days of this month bring me? Car accident? More class cancellations? Being kicked out of my new place? Being shot in a cross-gang fight? Being fired? Bring it on bitches, might as well get it over with.

3 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Iron Maiden said...

Hold on C, things will get better! Must be something in the stars this month, same shit here for me too! Thats why I haven't really blogged, sometimes I don't have the strength to see it all in black & white. Its been a pretty crappy summer and I'm just looking forward to fall being better. Just been too damn humid in NY to have any ambition to go on interviews. I would be a dripping mess by the time I got off the trains! LOL Just find your happy place and ride out the storm. :)

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger Iron Maiden said...

Oh, ditto on the teeth here also, Dentist said my gums are great but teeth are weak and prone to cavities. Now I cracked a huge filling in the back and on the other side too. Also got a cavity on the inside of one of the front side teeth. My Dentist doesn't take my insurance so I have to see a strange dentist...great!!! Its never anything small is it??LOL

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

Hope things are going better for you, darlin'.

Me, I just got a letter from the IRS and I owe a couple of hundred dollars in back taxes from 2003 because of a freelance job I did. Yay!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home