Thursday, March 30, 2006

Denying denying denial

My boss came back from her honeymoon yesterday… and I showed up to work late again. As usual. Being the laconic and prickly person that I am, I never asked her how her honeymoon went and about her wedding, etc. I really didn’t care enough, but so many people stopped by her desk today and asked about it and I figured, eh. They already asked so what’s the point anyway? I have a feeling that I’m going to get the boot because I’m not “chatty” enough. Or because I’m not as cool with the women as I am with the men, with the exception of Olly. Never did like him anyway. I think I still owe him a buck for getting soda my first week of work here and I never paid him.

Damn, I thought I could get away with not having to bash the office people once again but here I am, doing what I do best. You never know what these people are thinking, or what they want, and I feel as if I have to join in on the jokes to get some recognition around here. Seriously though, it would be the best strategy to be fake like everyone else. After all, three seasons of Donald Trump should result in something!

That requires too much effort on my part though, I’ve been there for three months and I know I should be thankful I have a job, etc. but it feels as though I’m stuck in a rut. I’m not learning anything new because everyone is so busy doing their own thing and so it’s rather repetitive work. I’m also expected to train newer interns as well. Hmm. I thought the whole point of internships were to learn things, a lot of things, so that I can find a job with a decent salary. I suppose I’m learning how to train others… but that wasn’t the point in taking this position. I’d like to be the best at what I do, but with this outlook and this situation, I find it hard.

I hate the thought of being replaceable.

I’m really beginning to question whether or not this is going anywhere. Or if my life is going anywhere… besides on a one way trip over the GG Bridge.

I’m in the midst of midterms, can you tell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home