Thursday, May 04, 2006

The things you think of...

Why are some mornings easier for me to wake up to? I actually got up earlier than I had to but I couldn’t go back to sleeping again. Apparently, Thursdays are lawn mowing days and since I happen to live in a house with the park as a backyard, it was a good time to wake up anyhow. I managed to get myself over to the station without getting hit by a car, and boarded the train for work. As the car rattled on the tracks while I was leaning against the car connection, I looked at the man standing opposite me. Then I looked down at my feet. My eyes wandered over to the reflections on the safety glass windows. Then I looked at my feet again.

All I could think of during this moment of introspection was… I haven’t had crème brulee in the longest time. I want some. Right now.

Alas, I had to settle with the prospect that I’d have to go and make some myself when I go home in a day. Obviously, I could go to some restaurant and get some, but I’d rather not. And it’s not like Cecilia or George have any blow torches at the house… so guess who’s going to be clogging her arteries this weekend?

It will be worth it though, without a doubt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home