Friday, July 22, 2005

Clipping away... Part 2

Is it me, or do people in this city love to cut their nails in public? You know, I like it that they try to keep thier hygeine and all, but it kind of defeats the purpose when you do it in public - especially like oh I don't know... ON THE BUS!!! Numero uno, I have nowhere else to go if you whip out the nail clippers and start clipping away. At first I though the uneven pavement caused a loose panel on the bus to start hitting against the side, hence creating a little clicking sound. But the more I heard it, I began to realize that I was a victim of nail clipping in public, yet again.

Another lady with the See's Candy bag simply glared at the offensive nail clipper with a barely disguised look of disgust. See's Candy lady and I shared a look, all the way from the front of the bus to the back; the I can't believe she's doing this on a bus look. Anyway, what was I getting at? Numeros dos, leaving nail clippings on the floor for the next passenger who has no choice but to sit there is gross and rude. When I go on a bus, I don't expect to see nails clippings all over the seat and surrounding area. Or maybe it's me. My standards are too high, getting all huffy when I see something like this and making a mountain of out of a molehill.

If I suggest to the public transportation system here that they should also add a 'no clipping your nails' to the sign already hanging on every bus about not eating and drinking, would they do it? Probably not. But then again, most people don't clip their nails on the bus. Or so I think. Oh yes, numero tres. I was hoping the clipping passenger would get off soon because I was deathly afraid she would take off her shoes and socks and start clipping her toenails. She looked so comfortable already, but I was glad she didn't. I would have screamed if she had.

And then once she got off, a million kids got on making me almost miss my stop since they crowded to the back, where I sat of course.

Of course.

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger dorothy rothschild said...

People do this on the subway here in NYC all the time. Nasty.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger OzzyC said...

You could always pretend that a nail clipping hit you in the eye and sue the dumbass.

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Connie said...

LOL

Ozzy cracks me up. I should have, but I was sitting way in the back so it would have taken a force of wind or something crazy like that to help me win my case.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home